Saturday, February 18, 2023

Broadbent Spritzy Rosé Wine (Wine Folly)

 

Now to the second wine I had for dessert, which was actually my first wine I had on 2/18/23. I had a Broadbent Spritzy Rosé wine. (250ml) This wine is a sparkling rosé made in Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal. (Barcelos commune) It has an alcohol percentage of 9.5 percent and is a blended wine made up of 40 percent Borraçal(Caíño Tinto), 30 percent Espaderio, 20 percent Amaral(Azal Tinto), and 10% Vinhão(Sezão). Lastly, this wine does not have a vintage and I picked up this wine for around $4.

Wine Critic Review:

"This Rosé from Portugal’s largest wine region is truly a crowd pleaser, perfect for a summer party or a weeknight gathering. This low-alcohol wine has a light effervescence with a ripe raspberry emphasis and will satisfy both the wine novice and the connoisseur."

“Broadbent Rosé: Wine Stars.” Wine Stars | Credible and Detailed Reviews of Top-Rated Wines, 22 May 2019, https://winestarsapp.com/wine_reviews/broadbent-rose/.


Wine Info:

Since there are a lot of grapes in wine, I will write a brief summary of each one from the Wine Folly Book. 

The Borraçal(Caíño Tinto) wine grape is not in the Wine Folly Book, but here is some information about it. This grape is a red Galician, it is grown in Portugal and Spain, and it has decent tartness and high acidity.

The Espaderio wine grape is not in the Wine Folly Book (but some info from book is helpfult), but here is some information about it. This grape is grown in the Minho and Galician regions in Portugal. Also this grape is used in the preparation of Vinho Verde regional wine blend from Portugal. (Wine Folly Book page 184.)

The Amaral(Azal Tinto) wine grape is not in the Wine Folly Book, but here is some information about it. This wine grape is also cultivatedin the Minho region in Portugal. Along with the Espaderio wine grape, it is also used in the preparation of Vinho Verde regional wine blend from Portugal. (Wine Folly Book page 184.)

Lastly, the Vinhão(Sezão) wine grape is not in the Wine Folly Book, but here is some information about it. This wine grape is usually made into red wine and is cultivated in Portugal. This wine grape is typically used to help make port wine and table wine.

My Own Review/Experience With This Wine:

The aroma from this sparkling wine started with a tangy sour aroma. After sniffing it again is smelled a little fruity sweet. When I tasted this wine it had a light body with a little bit of a bitter taste on the back of my tongue. The flavor was mostly just tangy and sour at first, but then I started to taste a little pear flavor. This wine had a little carbonation, but not a lot. I didn't pair this with any food since this was my dessert along with the other wine I had. This very light flavored wine was decent, but I don't think it was better than the Sangria Lolea No. 1. I had afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barefoot Pinot Noir (Wine Folly)

  For the second wine this Saint Patrick's night (3/17/23), I had another Barefoot wine. But this time it was a Barefoot Pinot Noir. Thi...