Sunday, February 12, 2023

Stella Rosa Blueberry (Low Alcohol Grape Wine) (Wine Folly)

 

 

The second wine I tasted this week (3/5 - 3/11), is a Stella Rosa Blueberry, semi-sweet, low alcohol wine. This wine is a sparkling red blended wine with many different grapes in it along with blueberries. This is the first canned wine that I have had. It was made in Italy and has a low alcohol percentage of 5%. This can of wine costed about $5 and does not have a vintage.

Wine Maker's Notes:

"Stella Rosa Blueberry is undeniably irresistible. It's sweet and succulent. Pairs well with fresh fruits, BBQ chicken, charcuterie, cheesecake, and cinnamon roll coffee cake."

“Stella Rosa Blueberry.” Total Wine & More, https://www.totalwine.com/wine/white-wine/muscatmoscato/stella-rosa-blueberry/p/228480750. 

 

Wine Info:

Since this wine is made of many grapes and not one is listed (even online), I cannot use the Wine Folly book. But I did search online a little about how this wine is made. On a website their company described their wine. They said "Grapes from our delicious Stella Rosa Blueberry are harvested from beautiful vineyards. This refreshing wine reveals deep, dark color and is combined with the natural flavor of Blueberry. Stella Rosa Blueberry is seductive, rich and full-bodied with a hint of sweetness. Stellabrate life with friends and a bottle of Stella Rosa Blueberry."

Grocery Delivery - Grocery Pickup - Grocery Store near Me, https://www.vons.com/shop/product-details.960564279.html.

Aroma/Taste:

The aroma of this wine was very sweet. It did smell like blueberries, but I think it smelled like cranberries as well. When I tasted it, it did dry out my mouth a little, or give me that pucker feeling. There definitely was a strong blueberry flavor and the wine tasted a lot less sweet than it smelled. (Probably the tannins balancing out the strong sweetness.) Again, I was in a rush with assignments, so I did not have time to pair it with some food. I also thought it was interesting that it was a sparkling red wine because I haven't really heard of those. On that note, this wine had more carbonating than OGIO's Sparkling Rosé from earlier. I think this wine overall was not bad and kind of tasted like cranberry sauce.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barefoot Pinot Noir (Wine Folly)

  For the second wine this Saint Patrick's night (3/17/23), I had another Barefoot wine. But this time it was a Barefoot Pinot Noir. Thi...