Saturday, March 4, 2023

Chateau Ste Michelle Riesling (Wine Folly)

 

 
As Spring Break started for me at Virginia Tech, this week (3/4/2023), I finally was able to get a Riesling to try since I have never had it and I wanted to try it. This Riesling is made/produced by Chateau Ste Michelle and it is a medium sweet white varietal table wine. This wine was made specifically in Columbia Valley, Washington. Its vintage is 2021 and is made with the Riesling grape. I got this bottle on sale for about $9 and it has an alcohol percentage of 10.5 percent.
 
Winemaker's Notes:
"Our Harvest Select Riesling is made in a slightly sweeter style than our Columbia Valley Riesling but still shows the classic Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling character. It offers rich flavors of ripe peaches balanced with crisp Washington Riesling acidity. It’s like a bowl of fruit in a glass!"

“2021 Harvest Select Sweet Riesling.” Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery Woodinville, Washington, https://www.ste-michelle.com/2021-harvest-select-sweet-riesling/5637433334.p.

 

Wine Info:
 
From the Wine Folly Book (page 158-159), it talks about the wine grape Riesling. It says it is, "An aromatic white variety that can produce white wines ranging in style from bone-dry to very sweet. Germany is the world's most important producer of Riesling." It also goes on saying that it pairs well with spicy Indian and Asian cuisines. (And works well will duck, pork. bacon, shrimp, and crab.) It continues saying how this grape/wine has hints of lime, green apple, beeswax, jasmine, and petroleum. Furthermore, it is grown the most in Germany and typically has high sweetness and high acidity. 
 
My Own Review/Experience With This Wine:
 
When opening this wine, I finally got to remove the cork and it went well. The light aroma of this wine was a little sour with maybe a hint of pear. I did cool this wine and when I tasted it, it had a light to medium body that tasted a little sweet, a little sour, and had a pear and maybe floral taste.
I did not pair this wine with any food and I overall liked this wine. (I typically like sweet things.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barefoot Pinot Noir (Wine Folly)

  For the second wine this Saint Patrick's night (3/17/23), I had another Barefoot wine. But this time it was a Barefoot Pinot Noir. Thi...