Tuesday, January 17, 2023

First Entry

 


Hello, my name is Jonathan Fritsch. I have had, I would say no experience with wine (besides the time my parents let me taste a small amount when I was around 8 years old; I didn't like it.), but I am interested in learning about it now. I am specifically interested in how wine has impacted cultures historically and currently, why wine grapes taste differently in different locations, and experiencing how wine tastes. As a personal choice, I do not want to drink it/put alcohol in my system, but I am still open to tasting it and have learned recently this is possible in wine tastings. I am looking forward to exploring why wine is so important for society, how it is made, and how wine's socially structured culture has been created through the history and geography of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barefoot Pinot Noir (Wine Folly)

  For the second wine this Saint Patrick's night (3/17/23), I had another Barefoot wine. But this time it was a Barefoot Pinot Noir. Thi...