Saturday, January 21, 2023

Red Wine (Wine Tasting) (Wine Folly)

 


Another wine I tried on (1/18/2023) was a Cabernet Sauvignon. This happened to be one of the first red wines I have tasted. Again, I had this wine at someone's apartment who was hosting a wine tasting. This wine costs $16.99. This is a varietal dry red table wine. This wine was made in Western United States, Clarksburg California. The vintage of this bottle is 2020.

Winemaker's Notes:

 "French oak beautifully transforms intense mountain fruit into a wine with uncommon richness, yet smooth and luxurious texture. Juggernaut Hillside Cabernet is a wine that is fierce, brave, and delicious.

Rich and intense with a complex character and smooth finish. Luxurious texture with black currants and vanilla. Aroma of licorice and blackberry."

“Juggernaut Hillside Cabernet Sauvignon 2020 - 750 Ml.” Wine on Sale, https://wineonsale.com/products/juggernaut-hillside-cabernet-sauvignon-2019-750ml.

From the Wine Folly Book (page 88), it talks about the Cabernet Sauvignon wine. "The world's most popular wine is a natural cross between Cabernet Franc and Sauvignon Blanc that originated in Bordeaux. Wines are concentrated and age-worthy." It is a full bodied wine that is not very acidic or sweet. It is usually kept in a cellar for maturation for 5-25 years. It is very popular and is grown in many countries on a total of around 713,575 acres of land.

My own experience from this wine was it was intense. The aroma was very strong, especially compared the white wine I tasted earlier and it was a tangy/fruity aroma. (I guess of the grape.) When I tasted it, it was pretty smooth with a dull flavor at first and then it hit me with a strong punch of sour/fruity grape and ended with almost a spicy flavor. This wine I thought was a little too intense for me and I would say I prefer the Pinot Grigio from earlier over the Cabernet Sauvignon wine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Barefoot Pinot Noir (Wine Folly)

  For the second wine this Saint Patrick's night (3/17/23), I had another Barefoot wine. But this time it was a Barefoot Pinot Noir. Thi...